Best Time To Visit Mcleodganj
Mcleodganj is a year-round destination. The summers, i.e March to June, are pleasant and perfect for trekking and sightseeing tours.
Mcleodganj receives heavy rainfall from mid-July to August, at times accompanied by landslides. So, people tend to avoid visiting Mcleodganj during these months. However, the post-monsoon lush green surroundings make September and October in Mcleodganj very beautiful.
Winters, i.e November to February, are cold in Mcleodganj. The snowclad mountains make this destination perfect for a honeymoon trip to Mcleodganj during winters.
How To Reach Mcleodganj
By Air: Gaggal Airport (18 km from Mcleodganj) is the nearest airport.
By Rail: Pathankot Junction (90 km from Mcleodganj) is the nearest railway head.
By Road: Mcleodganj Bus Terminal is well connected by buses from all major cities.
Super-Cool Things In Mcleodganj
- Mcleodganj sightseeing: Around the city in half a day
- Take a boat ride in the Dal Lake: For a family outing
- Shop at the local markets: Exotic sculptures, souvenirs, & Thangka paintings
- Trek,hike, & camp: Things to do in Mcleodganj for the adventure junkies
- Discover serenity at Kora Circuit: For the religious souls
- Indulge in star gazing: For the viewer’s delight
- Take Yoga sessions and Spa therapies: For peace and soul relaxation
- Take cooking lessons: Master authentic Tibetan recipes
- Enjoy cultural shows at Tibetan Institute of Performing Arts: Music is in the air
- Sip and dine at colorful cafés and restaurants: Sumptuous food and refreshing drink
Some of the popular names are:
- Jimmy’s Italian Kitchen
- Shiva Café
- Peace Café
- Lung Ta
- Common Ground Café
- Café Budan
- Hummingbird Café
- Seed Café
- Namgyal Café
- Tibet Quality Bakery
- Lobsang Four Season Cafe
With so many fun and exciting things to do in Mcleodganj, make sure you plan a trip soon.